Monday, April 2, 2012

Call for panelists?

I didn't want to have to just make a blog appeal, but this is shaping up to be a busy week and I don't have any bites from the people I emailed asking so here it goes! If anyone has any research on market-based solutions to energy-related problems, I'm looking for another panelist for the Association for Public Policy Analysis and Management (APPAM) conference in November in Baltimore, MD. I want to submit a panel on "Market Insights for Energy Policy". APPAM is a major public policy research conference that would look good on a CV. I would do all the hassle of submitting the proposal - there is a registration fee, but dealing with that would come later. Bob Murphy is tentatively interested in presenting his paper on Nordhaus, and I have a paper on petroleum engineering supply. I'm also going to approach Robert Nelson of U. Maryland to chair.

If you have any interest in this and have something that would even just be in draft form by November, let me know - I have to submit by Friday. If not, oh well.

While I'm on conferences, Southern Economic Association call for papers is due at the end of the month. It's in New Orleans, which is always fun, and for you Austrians there's always a group of Austrian economists that attend that. I plan on submitting my Georgia job creation tax credit analysis to that.

2 comments:

  1. This would be right up my street, but unfortunately I'm geographically handicapped!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I thought of you immediately on this but figured that was the case.

      Interesting... we say "right up my alley" here.

      Delete

All anonymous comments will be deleted. Consistent pseudonyms are fine.